Safety first

I held off on posting this, because it referred to an ABC News interview I couldn't at first find in the original, and I feared it must be satire or a hoax. At the 1:50 mark in this ABC News interview with the Director of the Secret Service, Kimberly Cheatle, she explains that the roof from which a young man shot former President Trump on Saturday was not manned by law enforcement because the sloped roof was considered too dangerous for security personnel.

Honestly, I'm still wondering if it could be a clever fake. Could she really have said this on camera? Perhaps next she could reconsider whether live ammunition should be issued to SS personnel. Someone could put an eye out with one of those things.

I wish I could still post images here, to show a comparison between the roof Crooks shot from and the roof the counter-sniper shot from after Crooks opened fire. Both look to be about 3 in 12 slope.

9 comments:

raven said...

If true, it is an obvious evasion of why there was no one posted there -anyone who cannot walk around on a 3/12 pitch has no business in the security field.
I mean, the obvious call out is "well, the murderer did not have much problem with the roof pitch".

Dad29 said...

Well, it IS dangerous if you're wearing heels and a skirt, like GirlBoss Kimberly, Guardian of Cheetos.

How else would a GirlBoss dress for such an occasion, Grim??

Grim said...

Hey, this is Tex’s post. I’m not going to speculate.

Technical Rescue has a different mission, and thus we have a strong ethic of protecting the rescue team first and saving victims second. After all, we didn’t put them in danger and can’t help them anyway if we get injured— it just creates another victim in need of rescue. But even so, we wouldn’t hesitate to risk a sloped roof.

Texan99 said...

Even for this clown show, it was a statement to defy belief. Is she that far gone? Is she toying with us? I don't know when I've been so caught on the fence between the "malevolence" and "incompetence" theories.

raven said...

Tex,
It is a non exclusionary group- there is room for Insane Incompetent Killer Klowns- remember, die-versity DEI, also spelled IED and DIE is our strength!

Deevs said...

This is the type of failure I'd expect any person with integrity to resign over, but maybe I'm being overly harsh.

Texan99 said...

Even MSNBC is ridiculing the "sloped roof" exception. We haven't heard OSHA's take on it yet, though.

Iowahawk commented, "Whoa, there, Boss! I agreed to take a bullet, but nobody said anything about slopey roofs."

Grim said...

Also, Tex, there should be an option to post images. I do it regularly.

Texan99 said...

There is an option, and I've often used it, but these days it brings up a prompt to sign in, although I'm already signed in. I can't find a way around it, even by logging out and signing in again.