Experimental Photo Editing

Yesterday’s ride back from the Games was hot and hazy, so the photographs of long distance shots were blurry at the horizon. Normally I wouldn’t heavily edit photos, but I found that by lowering the light level and boosting the saturation I could restore the outer line of vision. They look different from the way they looked to the naked eyes, but you can get the longer ranges. 
This is looking back north from Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi. One of those most distant mountains is Grandfather, almost in line with the shadow line on the closer ridge, but on the furthest one.

This shot is of Curtis Valley, looking east.

Same, looking south.

Linn Cove, where the famous viaduct runs across the boulder field of Grandfather Mountain.

2 comments:

raven said...

Such lovely country!

Grim said...

Linn Cove on a pretty day is often a place I feel that I never want to leave.