Bee Stings

After the Bee perfectly parodied my internal dialog about Ben Shapiro steamrolling snowflakes, I was hesitant to return to America's paper of record.

But I'm not as bad as this guy ... Man In Critical Condition After Hearing Slightly Differing Viewpoint

There is also the obligatory article, Spare Empty Podium Expected To Win Democratic Debates By Wide Margin. Truth? Satire? Who can tell?

And finally a straight news story: Nation's Gen Xers Announce Plan To Just Sit Back And Enjoy Watching Boomers, Millennials Tear Each Other To Shreds.

Although I should keep my mouth shut, I do have a suggestion about that. I think we've all become familiar with the millenials' retort, "OK, Boomer." The Blogfather has started using "OK, Millenial" in reply. But, really, that just doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Can we call them Millys?

What!? I think that's very helpful!

8 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I like "Millies," or "Millys" just fine.

When I get a chance, though, I'm just going to say "Bye, Felicia."

Tom said...

Yeah, Millies is the better way to go, I suppose.

Bye, Felicia is a perfectly good rejoinder, but I like the balance of serving them what they've served others.

Grim said...

That's a Gen-X line, though. Millys may not be old enough to have seen the movie, although I think Ice Cube remains popular.

E Hines said...

Can we call them Millys?

No need to call them anything. No need to label them at all. No need to play their game at all. Just ignore them. "They're not worth the trouble." That's what to say back.

If there's really any reason to respond to such foolishness at all. It's frustrating to simply be ignored as though one isn't even present, as though one is simply to trivial to be noticed.

Eric Hines

Tom said...

Slacker! That's just what a Gen Xer would say.

MikeD said...

As a Gen Xer, I'd actually say "Meh."

Tom said...

Yes, that's very Gen X.

As a Gen Xer myself, I've spent the last 20 years mastering the silent, questioning eyebrow raise which says, "What, you're still here?" It's similar to Mr Hines's response, but I put more effort into pointing out that I'm ignoring them.

Still, Milly has a certain punch to it that I like. Instead of imagining saying it, maybe we should visualize it on millenial-targeted memes or Twitter retorts.

Although, why anyone would choose to visualize anything on Twitter is beyond me, so ignore that part.

E Hines said...

why anyone would choose to visualize anything on Twitter is beyond me, so ignore that part.

Well, a picture is worth 1,000 words, which is rather more than 240 characters.

Eric Hines