What "coming out" looks like now

This article caught my eye because Johnny Depp's 16-year-old daughter, who is enjoying a burgeoning career as a model, looks almost exactly like her father in his youth.  (Not a bad thing; she's beautiful.)  But then I was arrested by this throwaway line:
The budding model, whose mother is French actress Vanessa Paradis, is also taking part in the Self Evident Project, which is an accumulation of 10,000 Americans who place somewhere on the LGBTQI spectrum. The teenager revealed in August that she falls somewhere on the spectrum.
Well, who doesn't? At least, I've forgotten what "Q" and "I" stand for, but whatever they are I imagine I'm in there somewhere. Even if you're at one extreme, aren't you still on the spectrum?

3 comments:

MikeD said...

At least, I've forgotten what "Q" and "I" stand for, but whatever they are I imagine I'm in there somewhere.

"Queer" and "Intersex" respectively. But please don't ask me to explain what that means in particular. I can't keep it all straight either. (Pun only a teensy bit intended).

Ymar Sakar said...

It's like 1984, except more realistic.

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope he has the good sense to act more protective about his daughter than Billy Ray.

Valerie