This Guy


Those of us who grew up when Hulk Hogan was the face of professional wrestling probably still have a soft spot for the "sport," even though we recognize it for the complete fakery that it is. I haven't seen a professional wrestling 'match' in decades, but I can still remember how amusing it was to see the poses they would strike to appear evil or noble. The fans responded with hate and love, appropriately, but it always struck me that it wouldn't be very much fun to be the Roy Rogers figure. The "bad" guys were clearly having a lot more fun -- not their characters, but their actors.

Turns out, this actor is a pretty decent guy. I hope he's having lots of fun.

2 comments:

E Hines said...

Hey, that stuff's real. My grandmother tore up many a hat in her day watching wrestling....

Eric Hines

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I took my little boy to see a stage production of "Little Shop of Horrors." At the very end, they released a bunch of long streamers that looked like roots from the ceiling. My kid came unglued. They took him to meet the actors, and show him how the plant suit worked.

Valerie