Advice From an Old Scotswoman

The secret to living to 109, Scotland's oldest woman wants you to know, is to avoid men entirely.
Miss Gallan, who now lives in a care home in Aberdeen, said: 'My secret to a long life has been staying away from men. They're just more trouble than they're worth. I also made sure that I got plenty of exercise, eat a nice warm bowl of porridge every morning and have never gotten married.'
I imagine there's some truth to that advice. Men do get into a lot more trouble. On the other hand, some women think we're worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A long life is not exactly the same thing as a full life.

Valerie

Cass said...

Amen, sister.

Living with men (my husband, sons, friends) is what adds joy and interest to life. Can't imagine how dreary things would be if we were all exactly the same.

Heck - even most of my female friends don't agree with me most of the time. That's a feature, not a bug.