"Sports Reporter"

Hey, you know what really matters to me? The opinions of sports reporters on things other than sports.
A story you personally took on last season, about the "Eat What You Kill" movement, would you have done that five, ten years ago?
There are a few things I hate more than the NRA. I mean truly. I think they're pigs. I think they don't care about human life. I think they are a curse upon the American landscape. So we got that on the record.
Hey, OK. I'm not really sure who you are, because I actually don't even care about the opinions of sports reporters on sports. I mean, even if on the off chance you know what you're talking about, what's the point of watching the game if there's no element of surprise? I'm not going to gamble on sporting events, less because it's illegal than because there's poker, and therefore I have no reason to care about your opinion in the subject in which you're an expert even if you're consistently right.

On the other hand, as an on-again-off-again member of the NRA, I can assure you that I care about human life. Not, you know, all lives equally: I tend to value the virtuous ones more than the vicious ones. Indeed, I do that so much more that I view it as a good thing when people who are more than a little vicious move on to whatever comes after this life. If a gun is helpful in protecting a virtuous person at the expense of a vicious one, well, that's to the best as far as I'm concerned.

5 comments:

Larry said...

I could not have said it better. Clearly, he knows nothing of the NRA, either its history or its continuing purpose. He would do well to be thankful to be able to earn a living talking about sports, and leave it at that.

Texan99 said...

I don't even care what he thinks about sports.

Cass said...

Ya big meanie :)

Grim said...

:)

Assistant Village Idiot said...

As if in evidence of what I just commented on Grim's post just above this one.

Liberalism is a social idea, spread by social approval rather than logic. It's a lot like being in high school again.