For example, here's Tanya Tucker doing what became a classic:
And here is the Waylanders covering it. They're a fantastic two-person band, the man providing strings and harmonica, and the lady providing drums. I saw them at the Tennessee motorcycle and music festival, and they were by far the best act.
4 comments:
I listen to Gospel. But it's more fun to sing it, alone or in a group.
There is an Elvis documentary (cannot recall which site) taking the viewer backstage, in the bus, on the plane, (etc.) for Elvis appearances around the country. In one remarkable scene, his whole group of musicians (8-10 or so) sits around the green room and launches into a Gospel tune. Perfect on-the-spot rendering in 8-part harmony, with Elvis joining in.
Two things: those guys were REAL musicians, talent by the gallon; and those guys--and Elvis--knew their roots.
That Waylanders rendition has noticeable out-of-tune guitar. Is there a reason for that?
I don’t know why they elected that, but they clearly know what they’re doing. It must have been a choice taken on purpose.
Post a Comment