A Tail of Chickens and Snakes


That snake was in the chicken coop this afternoon, trying to feast on eggs. The only problem he had was that the real eggs get removed every morning, so what he'd found was my wife’s fake concrete eggs that are glued down in the nesting boxes. (They're to show the hens where to lay, apparently.) 

She collected him up and put him in a sack I held for her, which we tied off and then took off the property. I had to go by the VFD to sign some training forms, so we took him over there on the motorcycles. She said she'd let him go while I went in and signed the forms.

"No," I said, "bring him in so Terry can meet him." Terry's the Fire Chief. 

"Is he afraid of snakes?" she asked.

"Reckon we'll find out shortly."

2 comments:

Gringo said...

Was he afraid of snakes?
I doubt it.

Grim said...

Nah. He wasn't.