This You Can Trust


Like any good mythology, the truths the Conan stories convey hold across many times and places.



2 comments:

Magilla Gorilla said...

This fine actor was William Smith. I remember him as a German soldier in several episodes of the series Combat. He was fluent in several languages including German and had a master's degree in Russian. Per Wikipedia, he served as a Russian interrogator in the Korean war and flew in multiple secret "ferret" flights over Russia. Always admired him and enjoyed his work. I remember reading somewhere that he also wrote poetry.

Grim said...

Yes, he was very good in this sequence. There are many things I like about this movie, but by far this single scene is the thing I like the most. It's majestic, and philosophically valuable -- a real use of myth to convey a thing that matters in every time and place.