A good practical use of team roping. As for using the vehicle, why chance injuring the calf, scratching the vehicle, or taking the fence down when you have a good pair of team ropers on the scene?
Back before they redesigned the I-40 to I-27 interchange, cattle trucks would tip over if they went too fast, leading to escapes and the sheriff’s posse being called out to round up strays. A lot of roping practice got done near downtown Amarillo. The “winner” was the cow that was located an hour or so later, standing in the drive-through line at a burger joint near the interchange.
4 comments:
Hah. A Texan would have pushed his vehicle on up against the fence and blocked the cow from getting past.
Eric Hines
Yes, but at the cost of denying the ropers the opportunity to employ their skills! More efficient, less joyous.
A good practical use of team roping. As for using the vehicle, why chance injuring the calf, scratching the vehicle, or taking the fence down when you have a good pair of team ropers on the scene?
Back before they redesigned the I-40 to I-27 interchange, cattle trucks would tip over if they went too fast, leading to escapes and the sheriff’s posse being called out to round up strays. A lot of roping practice got done near downtown Amarillo. The “winner” was the cow that was located an hour or so later, standing in the drive-through line at a burger joint near the interchange.
LittleRed1
Post a Comment