Eight airmen dead after a B-52 crash. We’ve been flying the same planes since before any of us were born, on the same mission. They are the wall that keeps the world.
It was one we read in high school, which is probably what made me think of it in terms of B-52s. These things have been flying a long time.
In my Arthurian novel I referred to Arthur's warband as 'the Company of the Wall.' That's sort of what I'm getting at here: God didn't send us the strength to fix the world, but he did send some of us the strength to keep the wall. For a while, as Arthur's story suggests.
3 comments:
Interesting post title (and book, might have to add that to the list).
It was one we read in high school, which is probably what made me think of it in terms of B-52s. These things have been flying a long time.
In my Arthurian novel I referred to Arthur's warband as 'the Company of the Wall.' That's sort of what I'm getting at here: God didn't send us the strength to fix the world, but he did send some of us the strength to keep the wall. For a while, as Arthur's story suggests.
Aye- I'd just like to hold the few bricks around me in place, It's all I think I might be able to do. The onslaught is a fierce one.
Post a Comment