Jesus as Capricorn


I don't actually know anything about astrology, aside from the fact that I'm aware that the various 'signs' are supposed to align with dates, and my own supposed sign is ridiculously out of line with any facts about my character. Apparently the Capricorn dates line up with the Christmas holiday, though, so I guess you have to give old Kris the point as a matter of theology.

 All the same, the song reminds me of this bit by Johnny Paycheck in certain ways.

Is he wrong about any of that? Well, no; and yet, also, yes. Johnny Paycheck was much in need of grace. He once shot a man in the head because he was high on cocaine. Of course that's just the kind of person you ought to admit to the church if he's willing to come, exactly as he says. But it's also true that he's falling easily in on his grievances, rather than thinking on the mote -- or log -- in his own eye. 

Kyrie Eleison.

No comments: