The Scotsman Public House

Waynesville has a new attraction, the Scotsman Public House. It’s pretty great. 

Haggis egg rolls.

A fine gentleman in the entry.

Lochaber axes.

The food is great. Good jukebox here. Black Sabbath, Joan Jett, Joy Division, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, Iggy Pop, Motörhead. The first song I picked a lady at the bar said, “This is one of my favorite songs.” Then while Joan Jett was playing the barmaid came over and said, “You’ve got good taste honey.”

My new favorite place. 

3 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for the review! We’re going to be out that way this fall, staying in Dillsboro. I will stop in and get some of those barbecue fries or maybe a meat pie!

Grim said...

There's some great food in Dilsboro too. I especially recommend the Haywood Smokehouse and DaLaya Thai. The former is a North Carolina specialty -- barbecue is the best of the regional cuisine, and their barbecue and sauces are top notch. The latter is gem if you like such things. The owner is a nice lady from Thailand who makes absolutely authentic food from her homeland out of a tiny little place by the railroad tracks along Scott creek. I think it's fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I made it a point when I was in Scotland in June to have haggis whenever I could. Black pudding as well, although that only appeared on breakfast menus in most places. Despite the jokes and bad reputation, haggis is wonderful, if a bit richer than most US sausages. And a haggis burger is messy. Wonderful, but messy (drippy, and the haggis tends to fall out the sides/end.)

LittleRed1