Trying again: Fuller Brush Man

Babylon Bee has good suggestions for how to get rid of the Vaccine Evangelist who comes to your door.

I found decades ago that a polite and painless way of getting rid of anyone at my front door was to smile pleasantly and explain that I don't discuss [whatever] with people I don't know well.  It goes along with Miss Manners's advice to answer impertinent questions with "How soon do you need to know?"




* I have no idea how Blogger could have let me sign in as Grim . . . ?

3 comments:

Grim said...

I don't know either, and I can't sign in as you or anyone else. Everyone has their own login, and there's no option to change the author in the Blogger system that I can find. It's a very strange error.

Texan99 said...

The only thing I can think of that was different yesterday was that I signed in for the first time with my new laptop. I remember expecting to have to fight with the log-in system, because for some reason the data migration process loses cookies, and being pleasantly surprised that it let me right in. I didn't notice what i.d. it assigned to me. That is one strange bug in a security system, which normally errs on the side of making it ridiculously hard to get in and post, refusing to recognize perfectly good passwords, and so on.

E Hines said...

Maybe run as deep a scan as is possible with your anti-malware software, if you haven't already. There may be malware that bypassed Apple's security, or Alphabet's (which owns this blog's software).

Last time I bought a Hewlett-Packard laptop (and I do mean the last time), it was shipped to me straight from the Shanghai factory, which I thought at the time was pretty cool until my paranoid self ran a deep scan with my anti-malware software on GPs before I connected the laptop to my LAN. The software found a Trojan that could only have been installed at the factory.

Eric Hines