I'll Keep Looking Until I Find It

The Speaker of the House on her favorite Bible verse:
“I can’t find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time,” Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. “I keep reading and reading the Bible—I know it’s there someplace. It’s supposed to be in Isaiah. I heard a bishop say, ‘To minister to the needs of God’s creation … ’ ”
In fairness, the bishop may well have said something like that. Some priests sometimes feel very free in their translations from the Latin, especially if they have prayed about it and feel like this is the version of the message that their flock needs to hear right now. Pelosi's version of Catholicism strikes me as very likely to be led by priests of that spirit.

7 comments:

Ymarsakar said...

Unholy priests. Somebody has to die the second death come the Fire. Might as well.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

A bishop may have said some such thing without claiming it is a verse from the Bible.

How does God's creation have needs? Specific parts of it - the cows, the octopi, the birch trees - might have needs, but the whole of it having needs is a merely sleight of hand. Or mouth.

Grim said...

I didn't say it made sense, just that I can imagine one of the more lefty priests drifting into that kind of language. He might have described it as a 'sentiment drawn from Isaiah' rather than 'a verse from Isaiah,' let alone 'Isaiah 25:17.' But it's not hard to imagine. Maybe a Franciscan.

Today, reading that a whole order of nuns had to be dissolved because they were being kept in sex slavery by their priests, I have even less trouble imagining worse things than that.

Texan99 said...

Proverbs 14:31, sometimes rendered as "If you oppress poor people, you insult the God who made them; but kindness shown to the poor is an act of worship."

Dad29 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ymarsakar said...

Things are far worse than your imagination can reach at this time, Grim. Just saying as a fair warning.

The true power of the Deep State has been underestimated even worse than the Leftist alliance.

douglas said...

Honestly, Pelosi has shown signs of perhaps a less-than-acute mind of late.