It's here

Every so often in the history of cinema, a film comes along that probes man's inhumanity to man and muses on the enigmatic silence of God throughout human history.   Such a film eschews easy answers while engaging the audience in sensitive portrayals of ordinary heroes.  Sharknado is that film.  And the trailers are here at last.

It took "Snakes on a Plane" four words to sum up the dramatic premise that Sharknado achieves in one:  live sharks raining down on people.  Cinemaphiles have to reach back to "Mant" ("Half man, half ant:  all terror") for disciplined minimalism on this level.

5 comments:

Grim said...

...

No, I still have nothing.

Grim said...

Wait, now I do.

Anonymous said...

I may rent it, along with Battleship, just to see if they reach the lows of "Killer Tomatoes" or Santa Clause vs. the Martians.

LittleRed1

Texan99 said...

My neighbors tuned in for a few minutes, but it was too much even for their finely honed sense of the ridiculous. I think psychoactive drugs might be required for full enjoyment.

Cass said...

"Mansquito" is still the finest of the genre, if you ask me.

Not that anyone did :p