The Wheel of Pain

You will of course recognize this event from the 1982 Conan the Barbarian.



Rogue Fitness paid for a pretty close replica for the Arnold event.



One minute events are very common in Strongman sports. It's often enough that you'll compete in an event that lasts all day, with only 6-10 minutes of actual work all day long. If you're not whipped the next day in spite of having only worked six or ten minutes the previous day, they didn't make the six minutes of work tough enough.

3 comments:

Grim said...

Transcript of winner's advice:

"I train special because everybody push yoke in gym. Me, I training was much different because I have small truck, put weight in truck, I push the truck uphill all the time. I think before maybe I'm broke, because I have different training, but it work."

Grim said...

Which, you know, you've gotta respect, because he just beat the strongest man in the world at this event.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Competitive wrestling is rounds of 3 minutes, then 2, then 2. I competed for a semester in college and couldn't believe how long that three minutes was.