Militant Normals

I haven't read retired infantry colonel Kurt Schlichter's book yet, but I am invited to a release party that Uncle Jimbo of BLACKFIVE fame is hosting. If any regular readers want to come, and will be in Arlington on Saturday evening, drop me an email.

The book blurb sounds like I agree with the basic thesis:
They built this country, they make it run, and when called on, they fight for it. They are the heart and soul of the United States of America, They are the Normals, the regular Americans of all races, creeds, preferences, and both sexes who just want to raise their families and live their lives in peace. And they are getting angry...

For decades they have seen their cherished beliefs and beloved traditions under attack. They have been told they are racist, sexist, and hateful, but it was all a lie. Their ability to provide for their families has been undermined by globalization with no consideration of the effects on Americans who did not go to Harvard, and who live in that vast forgotten space between New York and Santa Monica.

A smug, condescending elite spanning both established parties has gripped the throat of the nation. Convinced of their own exquisite merit while refusing to be held accountable for their myriad failures, these elitists managed to suppress the first rumblings of discontent when they arose in the form of the Tea Party. But they were stunned when the Normals did not simply scurry back to their flyover homes.
If any of you think you'd like a signed copy -- I'm looking at you, D29 -- let me know and I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:

ColoComment said...

Schlichter's "People's Republic" was a marvelously well-crafted semi-serious take down of the California liberal mentality, and yet also a serious prophecy of what likely lies at the end of the liberal agenda, if it's realized.

Schlichter is a fearless defender of the Constitution. I may be going overboard here, but I really don't see anyone outshining Schlichter as inheritor of the Breitbart legacy.

Grim said...

Interesting. When I read his columns I always think that I don't disagree with the basic point he's trying to make. I'll look forward to meeting him.