If

At a local government meeting the other night -- I'll spare the details to keep people out of trouble -- someone was describing the particular powers of a particular office, which under the right circumstances are extraordinary. The governor can't step in and overrule this local officer, the speaker pointed out, "and if we had a President of the United States, he couldn't either." 

The room was appreciative of the nuance.

I gather there was a State of the Union address tonight, but it never occurred to me to watch it. That's the first time I think I've ever missed one. I don't care anymore. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched enough to get a sense of the themes, then returned to working on another project. Nothing new in terms of policy if you have been following policy announcements and the trial-balloons.

LittleRed1

Mike Guenther said...

That would be the County High Sheriff.