Common Ground: The News

All the news that's fit to argue about -- Well, at least, all the news the Hall told me they read. Or almost all of it. For everyone who contributed, thank you very much! Also, in addition to the below, let me recommend the sidebar links under each contributor's name.

I am not familiar with all of these, so if I have mis-categorized something, please let me know. Also, if I left something out, or if you've thought of something else you'd like to add, let me know. Or, if you have a better system for categorization. Etc.

Advice

Several people mentioned their Facebook feeds, and Grim gives this related advice: "I get a lot of news off Facebook these days, as friends of various kinds are interested in a lot of things that differ from my own interests. Since my friends are of a wide range of political views, I get a wide range of information and news in that way. It's the best real advice I can give here: not that you should read this or that site, but that you should cultivate friendships with intelligent and decent people of many different views."

Links below the fold.



Aggregators

The Drudge Report
Memeorandum
Rantburg
RealClearPolitics (including all of its related sites)

Bloggers

Ace of Spades HQ
Althouse
Assistant Village Idiot
Dienekes' Anthropology Blog
Econlog at the Library of Economics and Liberty
Greg Mankiw's Blog (Harvard economics professor)
Instapundit
The Lexicans (A blog dedicated to republishing posts from Neptunus Lex)
Maggie's Farm
Marginal Revolution (Economics)
Patterico's Pontifications 
Slate Star Codex
West Hunter (Anthropology and evolution)

General News

Arts & Letters Daily
The Atlantic
The BBC
The Daily Mail
Pacific Standard
USA Today
The Wallstreet Journal

Conservative / Alternative News

The Federalist
HotAir
PJ Media
The Unz Review: An Alternative Media Selection

Military / Geostrategic News

The Informal Institute for National Security Thinkers and Practitioners (IINSTP)

Organizations

Heterodox Academy (Academics advocating "for a more intellectually diverse and heterodox academy")
Manhattan Institute (A free-market think tank)

Radio

Dennis Prager
Hugh Hewitt

1 comment:

raven said...

Jogn Robb's "Global Guerillas " site has a lot of interesting topics on future war, AI, autonomous systems, etc- very interesting reading.
It may be prophetic.