"Shockingly Racist"

The standards for this have apparently drifted lately. From an Orlando Liberal Examiner column by Robert Sobel titled "Fox News host makes shockingly racist comment live on the air":
Co-host Tucker Carlson then responded to Perino's statement, by stating that in the United States, "We need, I think, an older white guy appreciation day, I think they have done a lot for this country."
I'm kind of scratching my head here, Bob. Is it shocking that he thinks older white guys have done a lot for this country, or that he wants to take a day to celebrate them? We do have a whole month for Black History, and another one for Women's History, and while I've always thought that was a little foolish, I didn't think it was "shockingly racist" or "shockingly sexist" for Congress to pass the bills creating those celebrations.

2 comments:

E Hines said...

Sometimes, even the intellectually bankrupt have slow news days.

Eric Hines

Anonymous said...

I asked a question once about why they don't have a White Guy week so people could learn about those guys. My niece replied, "There is already a place to learn about those white guys. They are called libraries."
I hugged her.