Fun, fun

Fun with Computers:

If you're wondering why it's been a bit slow around here, there are two good reasons. One of them I'll save for a separate post.

The second one was that the computer fan burned out. I had to swap it out; the new one turned out to have the wrong RPMs, which caused the BIOS to shut down instantly.

So I contacted the company, Cooler Master, which sent me a proper replacement by mail (for free, too). I got the thing back up and running today; otherwise, I've been on my old, slow, barely functional backup computer, normally housed in the closet.

Great to be back on the real rig! Or, rather, it was for an hour -- then the power supply burned out anyway, as apparently its internal fan had also died.

Well, back to Fry's. The closest one is in Alpharetta -- which is like an hour each way -- but there is one minor compensation. In addition to having a lot of parts, they also have the best collection of Westerns on DVD you'll likely find anywhere.

No comments: