Hey Boss, You Know You're An Idiot?

Yeah, I know.

I could almost bend my thumb normally today, although it's still bruised as hell, so of course I decided to finish laying in this new gate. Naturally that involved chainsawing the posts, pouring the concrete, stretching the wire, hooking it up to the posts, and hammering the staples.


Cuts off a section of the property that was otherwise enclosed, so as to effectively create a new pasture. Avalon was impressed with her new range, as it was full of grass we've been letting grow with this project in mind.

Also my apple trees. Hopefully her little herd won't steal too much, but as little rain as we've had this year I wasn't going to get much out of them anyway.

Now, excuse me if I have a drink. My hand kind of hurts. Because I'm an idiot.

3 comments:

douglas said...

Well, nice work anyway. And it didn't hurt me one bit...

Vicki said...

:) :) :)

Grim said...

They're real happy today. Another effect is that I can now open all of the gates except this one and the one at the road, and give them their biggest free range ever. Happy horses!