Oh, oysters, come and walk with us

Our annual Oysterfest is tomorrow, so we are in mad prep mode.
“I think oysters are more beautiful than any religion," he resumed presently. "They not only forgive our unkindness to them; they justify it, they incite us to go on being perfectly horrid to them. Once they arrive at the supper-table they seem to enter thoroughly into the spirit of the thing. There's nothing in Christianity or Buddhism that quite matches the sympathetic unselfishness of an oyster.”
Saki

6 comments:

MikeD said...

Hmm, I think that's a little overwrought for something that looks like a cow sneezed inside a rock. I'm biased though... I can't actually eat seafood.

Texan99 said...

Oh, fine, sneer at their sacrifice. :-)

Cass said...

I adore oysters, and am thoroughly jealous that we didn't get an invite! :p

Texan99 said...

You're more than welcome, if you think you can get here on time!

I can't stop chuckling at the cow sneeze. I must remember not to share that with my guests.

Cass said...

The MikeD - he is a very funny fellow :p

MikeD said...

*blush*

No, I'm just a 12 year old boy at heart and boogers and poop jokes are still funny to me thirty plus years later.