Funny, That's Not How I Remember It...

Apparently a teacher up in Philly demanded a Romney/Ryan shirt be removed from the body of a girl attending her class, on the grounds that it was like wearing a KKK shirt.

We actually had the Klan show up on the county courthouse square from time to time when I was a boy, so I can see how you'd hate to be reminded of them. Still, as I recall it, the county was a Democratic monolith in those days. Don't remember them being Mormons or Catholics, either.

UPDATE: On the other hand, there's this:
@ZekeJMiller
Romney motorcade just passed a hill flying a large confederate flag in rural SW VA
Clearly, that's demonstrative. I mean, any decent human being would have stopped, turned the motorcade around, and driven however far out of the way was necessary to avoid passing a hill with a Confederate flag on it. (H/t: Instapundit.)

2 comments:

bthun said...

A teacher...

Is there any wonder why home schooling and private schools have taken off?

Texan99 said...

My grandmother was said to have marched into a Klan meeting, recognized her husband by his shoes, and marched him back home with her.

I've never heard anyone say a kind word about my grandfather. He was one of those people who live permanently in an economy where it's impossible to find and keep a job, though his wife and four children always found a way to put food on the table from the age of 12 up. So that's always been my personal impression of the KKK: a club for losers looking for a scapegoat.

I'll say this, though: his example was powerful. He produced two sons and two daughters who would have walked through Hell before they became shiftless parasites.

All this is to say: no, I'm not buying an equivalence between the KKK and the Republican ticket.