What is Snow Cream?

Snow Cream:

It's snowing -- again -- and has been all day. However, this time I don't mind so much. The last time it snowed, I went out and bought some Eagle brand condensed milk, and so this time I was kitted out to make snow cream.

1. Start with 6 to 8 cups of CLEAN, FRESH snow.

2. Gradually add condensed milk (not evaporated). Continue mixing, adding more snow and milk until desired consistency is reached.

3. 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla can be added if desired.

4. Best if eaten immediately, but can be frozen (the consistency will be hard, more like popsicles).
I haven't had the stuff since I was a little boy. It's very good, just as I remember. To make sure the snow is clean enough, wait until it's been snowing for at least two hours. That should draw down all the pollution from the air. Go and clean off a place outside -- the hood of a truck, say -- and then wait for snow to build there. That snow should be perfectly clean, assuming no animals have gotten at it.

Great stuff.

No comments: