Yup, it is. By coincidence I had been watching a YouTube history of Hamm's Beer just before I saw your post. I grew up in northern Iowa and heard the original jingle with the drum beats a lot listening to Twins ball games on the radio. I don't recall any TV commercials, though.
Never had one. Mom and Dad weren't teetotalers but about the only time I saw him buy beer was the occasional twelve-pack for the corn shelling crew, and I think that was usually Grain Belt. He was German but didn't like sauerkraut, either. Go figure.
It’s fine. Remember how much beer they drink up there around Wisconsin. It’s not like they are especially particular. They do have lots of experience making it though.
In 2008, I was at a meeting in Minneapolis, and found the Hamm's bear (fiberglass version) outside a bar. Alas, I didn't have a phone with me, or I'd have gotten a photo with it.
No idea if it is any good. When DadRed had a beer back then, it was usually a Coors.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletethe bear that started it.
ReplyDeleteSo bears are kinda their thing?
DeleteYup, it is. By coincidence I had been watching a YouTube history of Hamm's Beer just before I saw your post. I grew up in northern Iowa and heard the original jingle with the drum beats a lot listening to Twins ball games on the radio. I don't recall any TV commercials, though.
DeleteAlso, I've never had a Hamm's. Is it any good?
ReplyDeleteLast time I had one, it was akin to making love on a beach.
DeleteEric Hines
Never had one. Mom and Dad weren't teetotalers but about the only time I saw him buy beer was the occasional twelve-pack for the corn shelling crew, and I think that was usually Grain Belt. He was German but didn't like sauerkraut, either. Go figure.
DeleteIt’s fine. Remember how much beer they drink up there around Wisconsin. It’s not like they are especially particular. They do have lots of experience making it though.
DeleteI remember the commercials! And Pabst.
ReplyDeleteIn 2008, I was at a meeting in Minneapolis, and found the Hamm's bear (fiberglass version) outside a bar. Alas, I didn't have a phone with me, or I'd have gotten a photo with it.
No idea if it is any good. When DadRed had a beer back then, it was usually a Coors.
LittleRed1