What About Confession?

Captain Red negotiates a little cannibalism.

Almost any comments on any blog or website that are built around the President are likely to be without value. To borrow a random selection from one of your websites "some 'Catholics' voted for Trump, a perpetual liar and known thief...."

What about Confession? What do you think Confession's for? 

7 comments:

  1. Don't need to confess choosing the FAR lesser of two evils.

    Although he is no longer the FAR lesser.

    But since such as KammyKackles did not win, look at where the Democrat party is going today. Voting for one of THEM is a must-go-to-Confession event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Voting for one of THEM is a must-go-to-Confession event."
      You would think that would have been true for quite some time now (Say 40-50 years or so) with the position of the Democrats on abortion, but alas, it's not been said to be so...

      Delete
  2. On a related topic:
    If I understand correctly, calumny is a mortal sin, and one in which politicians freely indulge -- lies intended to cause serious damage to their opponents' reputations.
    If I understand correctly, confession of a sin of which you do not intend to repent is of no effect.
    If these are so, why do politicians ever receive communion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the sort of dangerous question I would like to refer to a priest, except that they have grown expert at making excuses.

      Delete
  3. My rule for politicians is: Every politician should get 2 terms, one in office and one in prison.

    I guess I should add a rule for voting: Whether you vote or not, and regardless of whom you vote for, you should confess it.

    That would seem to accord well with "Wherefore, I pray thee, have mercy upon me, and pardon my transgressions both voluntary and involuntary, of word and of deed, of knowledge and of ignorance ..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father used to say almost that very thing: you should be allowed to serve in Congress as long as you keep getting re-elected, provided that you then serve an equal number of years in prison after your term ends.

      Delete
    2. A wise man, your father.

      Delete