Indeed. When I was in Saudi Arabia, I could get quite a lot of coffee in a demitasse of espresso. And they did it right, not the watered down nonsense that passes for espresso in the US.
A friend spent some time in Ethiopia. He said they would roast the green beans in a pan, crush them in a mortar, and put them in a long neck clay pot in boiling water. This was immediately prior to consumption, he said it was excellent coffee. Hard to get any fresher, for sure.
At one time it was theoretically 6 fluid ounces but I never knew anyone who waited until it was empty for a refill.
ReplyDeleteWhen speaking of coffee, volumetric measurements are not necessarily an accurate dosage indicator.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. When I was in Saudi Arabia, I could get quite a lot of coffee in a demitasse of espresso. And they did it right, not the watered down nonsense that passes for espresso in the US.
DeleteEric Hines
A friend spent some time in Ethiopia. He said they would roast the green beans in a pan, crush them in a mortar, and put them in a long neck clay pot in boiling water. This was immediately prior to consumption, he said it was excellent coffee. Hard to get any fresher, for sure.
ReplyDeleteTitrate to effect.
ReplyDelete