Mauhuffer Filmed a Commercial

Oddly enough, since I just mentioned the place, they are pushing out a test commercial to see if people think it might draw business. They wisely picked a night when the band was 50s+, which gives the place a veneer of harmlessness as you watch the similarly-aged dancers.



Here is a bit from a night I might have almost been present, except that it was in November and I left after the summer. But I heard this band do this song, which is a better take on an old Waylon Jennings song than Waylon ever did himself. Sadly the recording is substandard, but it would have been hard to record under the best of circumstances. Watch the neon beer signs vibrate under the weight of the sound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grim,

I'm testing an argument about arguments again, hoping to learn something by playing out of my depth.

Here's the takeaway: "Consensus is a necessary precondition for Rational Argument. NOT the other way around."

And here's the link, if you are interested:

"https://medium.com/@piercello/reason-in-the-age-of-disinformation-dce61888ff71?source=friends_link&sk=3aa08f22fd66dfaaf5ed3fd11489d965

I'd be glad to hear/read your comments, and those of the hall, if any here should care to make them.

Thanks.

Piercello

Grim said...

I should be delighted. Give me a bit to consider this.

Grim said...

OK, here.