While The Circus Was In Town

Apparently there was some sort of hearing in Congress today, got a lot of attention. I was busy splitting firewood for the coming winter, so I missed out on all that.

But Congress did manage to confirm a new Secretary of Defense. I guess it was lucky that the circus was in town in the other chamber, so that actual work could get done in the Senate for a change.

UPDATE: Apparently the circus being in town allowed the Senate to confirm Brian Buescher, without needing to go through the whole screaming jag about him being a member of the Knights of Columbus.

4 comments:

Texan99 said...

That's good news. I didn't watch the circus on TV, either. The after-reports were pretty brutal. Even Laurence Tribe is depressed. Michael Moore is bitter.

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see, the SecDef deals with soldiers, so if he's a Knight of Columbus, then he should be able to talk to them in their native language, right? Since knights are just the same as modern soldiers. :P

[Yes, I am kidding, in case anyone is starting to type a mildly heated correction.]

LittleRed1

Sam L. said...

You missed being bored. Sooooo, your WON.

Grim said...

Sorry if I was unclear. The Knight of Columbus is now a Federal judge. The SECDEF's membership in KoC is unknown to me.