Upset

I give Maureen Dowd credit for being in touch with a brother who could explain the political climate of the country to her. She's still having trouble grasping it; she can describe it accurately enough, without quite being able to imagine anyone who agrees with it:
It is unthinkable to imagine the most overtly racist candidate — and head of the offensive birther movement — driving in the limousine to the inauguration with the first African-American president. What would they discuss? How Trump plans to repeal Obamacare? How Trump will appoint Supreme Court justices that will transform America into a drastically more conservative landscape over the next 20 years? How Trump plans to undo the Iran deal? When will Trump begin deporting Hispanics? When will Attorney General Rudy Giuliani pardon Chris Christie and put Hillary in jail?
Yep, that sounds about right.

5 comments:

Christopher B said...

a drastically more conservative landscape over the next 20 years?

Apparently she's missed a lot that's happened over the last eight years. Other than Obama's presidency and a few select SC decisions, the GOP has been cleaning the Democrats's clocks since 2010.

Texan99 said...

I'm guessing that Trump's SC appointments might not be that bad--it's one of the areas where I expect him to be OK--but I don't imagine he'll appoint anyone who makes the country more conservative than it is today. I do think he's appoint some justices who will uphold more conservative principles than the people Clinton would have appointed.

Anonymous said...

I think Maureen Dowd should stop working so hard to make a fool of herself.

IF DJT had run as a Democrat, she would be singing his praises for being a civil rights pioneer (he was), and if she were the least bit honest, she would admit that the Obama campaign started the birther movement by demanding McCain's citizenship papers and then refusing to produce Obama's. The Clinton campaign perpetuated it, by publishing pictures of Obama in foreign dress. All DJT did was manage to get Obama to actually produce his documents. Then DJT accepted the documents.

Yes, some of us remember, and others know how to look up stuff.

Valerie

Texan99 said...

My plan for anyone who corners me in person and seriously annoys me with whining for the next week or two is to say, "I don't know what you're so upset about. We elected a Democrat." But mostly I'm going to refuse to be baited, while working hard on not looking or sounding too awfully smug. It's true that I'm already thoroughly sick of having people explain to me that I'm a racist, sexist homophobe--but that's not new, it's been the explanation for every Obama policy I've objected to for 8 years now.

Ymar Sakar said...

"I don't know what you're so upset about. We elected a Democrat."

Heh, that's a nice shot.