Rolling South

Going to go meet my new niece tomorrow, the one who was born the same day that Dad died. If I hear another man say, "Oh, the circle of life!" I swear I will break his jaw. I won't hit a woman, no matter how many say it, but you men should know they've used up my patience for you. Somehow, "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away" does not provoke the same wrathful reaction from me, but I'm about done with the secular metaphor.

All the same, I'm looking forward to meeting her. I've been saving gasoline for days so I could make the trip, us having the Mad Max thing going on in Atlanta since that pipeline burst in Alabama. As of today, they've got a bypass rigged up, so within a few days we'll have gas available again. Right now, we don't, and the city's pretty dry.

No problem. I've still got five gallons in reserve, over and above a full tank.



UPDATE: I guess we're having riots in Southern cities like Charlotte, too. Maybe Atlanta tomorrow, I guess.

Well, that's a small matter compared to the gasoline. I'll take appropriate precautions.

5 comments:

raven said...

Some appropriate road music-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZ8NuIRU5Y

Gringo said...

Going to go meet my new niece tomorrow, the one who was born the same day that Dad died. If I hear another man say, "Oh, the circle of life!" I swear I will break his jaw.

Which reminds me that my niece was born 12 hours after her grandmother died. I don't recall anyone saying the "circle of life," remark though, so I don't know how I would have reacted.

Grim said...

I was fine with it once.

Tom said...

Just shout "Hakuna matata!" as you do it. It'll be fine.

Ymar Sakar said...

Just drive to certain places outside Atlanta to get fuel, if the pipeline there is broken.

That's what Perimeter is good for, after all.

It's probably a ridiculous circuitous route commute, but if they launch a BLM "protest", aka terrorist setup, in Atlanta, better to avoid going through the bus and train areas.

Some Europeans or people outside the US, online, often talked to me on VOIP about why we were so violent with Ferguson, a few years ago.

Well, I told them that was just the cities, they were disarmed, so people act up and loot stuff. If they acted up around where I was at, there would be execution scaffolds on every other street corner and you would never hear about it overseas, or rather by the time you heard about it in Europe, the riot would have ended.