Off Station for the Week

I want to thank you all for your condolences, as well as for the congratulations on the birth of my niece. I will be spending the week with my mother to help her get through all the many details that come with ending a 49 year partnership with another human being. In addition to mourning, as all of you know who have done it, there is a lot of paperwork, a lot of stuff to untangle, and of course personal effects to deal with.

On Saturday, however, I'm putting her on a plane to meet her new grandbaby. I'll be with her until I send her through security at the airport, and family will pick her up on the other side.

2 comments:

Lars Walker said...

I've been away for a week, and haven't seen this news before. Condolences to you on your loss, and congratulations on the new addition. God's blessings.

Grim said...

Thank you.