Tennessee Riders

Due to the illness of an earlier family member -- one who did, Tex, end up having brain surgery -- I have made a ride up north this weekend. While I was there I came across these photos that my aunt had dug up for her eldest son, my cousin. Here he is, circa 1977:


And here he is, with my grandfather:


She didn't have pictures, my aunt, but apparently my uncle and my cousin's sister were big riders in those days, too. My father owned a motorcycle then, but he wasn't as big into it as he was into muscle cars.

It's those Tennessee mountain roads. They seduce.

2 comments:

raven said...

Sweet photo's.
I don't know where it comes from, Grim. The motorcycle gene is a mysterious thing. No one in my family rode, but somehow it attached to me. Sometimes it skips generations,grandfather to grandson.
My wife may have gotten it from her brothers.

Grim said...

I suspect it's just the old cavalry gene.