I know what he means

From a 2002 speech by Barack Obama at a Martin Luther King Day memorial service:
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but rich people are all for nonviolence.  Why wouldn’t they be?  They’ve got what they want.
Yep, whenever I decide whether to indulge in violence, my first order of business is to think through whether I have everything I want yet.  If not, all bets are off.


Anonymous said...

Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt.


bthun said...

Hmmm... To think that folks who have accumulated any degree of wealth* do not understand nor are prepared for conflict is, in my mind, mighty simplistic.

*Relative to those who have little managed to accrue to none.

Again we see a case of have a care for that which you wish, for many members of the amassed contingent are but good old boys who did good.