Sunday notes

Sunday Notes:

Miss Ladybug has a book review that might be of interest to you.

The wags at Arts & Letters Daily linked to this article with the following poem:

Red sky at night,
Sailor's delight.
Red sky at morning?
It's global warming.
Which, by the way, is connected in a way that might not be immediately obvious with this article on dieting. The point is -- how much is "scientific consensus" actually worth in the short term?

Cassandra will like this quite a bit. For what it's worth, I transported an iron all the way to Iraq in my sea bag, so I could press my pants and shirts in the mornings. I seem to be the only one in Iraq who did, though mostly that's because the ACUs are wash-and-wear. Otherwise, we'd all have irons (excepting certain lazy civilian contractors).

Speaking of Iraq, are we winning? The UK's Prospect thinks so.

No comments: